Flashcards in Chapter 26 Deck (15)
What is conflict
At least one party is blocking the goal attainment of other party.
What are types of conflict
- Task conflict: Conflict over content and goals of the work.
- Relationship conflict: Conflict based on interpersonal relationships
- Process conflict: Conflict over how work gets done
What is functional conflict
A healthy constructive disagreement between two or more people.
What is dysfunctional conflict
An unhealthy destructive disagreement between two or more people.
What are level of conflicts
- Organization: Within and between organization
- Group: Within and between group
- Individual: Within and between individuals
What are forms of conflict in an organization
- Interorganization conflict: Conflict that occurs between two or more organizations
- Intergroup conflicts: Conflicts that occurs between groups or teams in an organization
- Interpersonal conflicts: conflicts that occurs between two or more individuals
- Intrapersonal conflicts: Conflicts that occurs within an individual
- Interrole conflicts: A person's experience of conflict among roles in his life.
- Intrarole conflicts: Conflicts that occurs within a single role.
- Person-role conflict: Conflict that occurs when an individual is expected to perform behaviors in a certain role that conflict with his personal values.
How much stages are in conflict process
What are the factors that affect the development of conflict
- Management culture
- Stage of development of organization
- Organizational structures
- State of business
What is current conflict theory
It is interactionist. This theory says conflict should be encouraged and managed. It brings life, creativity and synergy.
Task interdependence is a source of conflict. What are its 3 levels
What are sources of conflict
- Task interdependence
- Goal incompatibility
- Different views and believes
- Scarce resources
- Communication problem
What are categories of conflict
- Vertical conflict
- Horizontal conflict
- Line-staff conflict: Involves disagreements over who has authority and control over specific matters.
What is lose-lose conflict
It occurs when nobody gets what he wants
What is win-lose conflict
One party achieves its desires at the expense of other party and to the exclusion of other party desire.