Flashcards in HPM 9.1 Employee Relations - Quiz 2 Deck (10)
1. When there is a conflict between departmental policy and the contract _______.
C. The provisions of the contract shall prevail.
2. Employees may conduct and participate in employee organization business activities during _____________.
A. Lunch and rest periods.
3. An excluded employee and his/her representative, if an employee of this
Department, shall be entitled to state release time for preparing and presenting a grievance or appeal at each step in the grievance process. Generally, up to a
maximum of ______ hours may be authorized to prepare and present a grievance at each level of appeal. Excluding extensions.
4. An employee who is representing him/herself in a grievance or complaint, is entitled to _______ hours of state release time for preparation.
5. Grievance records shall be retained at the affected command levels for a period of _________ years following the date of the final action.
6. Complaint records shall be retained in the affected command levels for a period of _________ following the date of the final action.
A. 1 year
7. Which is not considered a specialty pay position?
C. K-9 or K-9 support officer assignment.
8. Prior to removing an employee for cause from any specialty pay position, approval must be obtained from the appropriate ___________.
D. Assistant Commissioner.
9. Should Commander openly discuss changes with employees and employee representatives?