Flashcards in HPM 70.1 Evidence Manual - Quiz 2 Deck (34)
1. Property shall be held for__________
2. The department shall dispose of controlled substances by burning it not less than______
3. The normal retention of administrative evidence is ______years or the life of the investigative file, whichever is longer.
4. Hazardous materials such as flammables and explosives shall be stored_______
Outside the office in a locked area
5. All money will be counted by________
Two employees, one sergeant
6. Firearms shall be submitted unloaded with the chamber or revolver blocked?
7. Case status on misdemeanor evidence shall be checked after_____
8. In the event the prosecutor declines to file a case, the evidence will be disposed of ________ after the date of arrest.
9. Unclaimed cash shall be forwarded on a _________ to Accounting section.
10. All of the following, with one exception, are a type of crime scene search utilized by the department. Choose the incorrect answer.
Drugs with a street value of $10K or greater shall not be stored in evidence lockers. (Pass through cabinets.)
Money in excess of ______ shall not be stored in evidence locker/cabinet. Shall be secured inside evidence room, secure safe, and allied agency evidence room or safety deposit box.
When property taken by CHP that may be returned to its owner the evidence officer shall mail a locally produced property notice letter to the owner advising that the property will be disposed of in ____ days if not claimed
All firearms and conductive energy weapons coming into the possession of the department should be entered into AFS?
All firearms associated with a criminal act that come into the custody of the departments shall be entered into the NIBIN/IBIS. If unable to enter a firearm into the NIBIN/IBIS system, a memorandum explaining the reason shall be prepared and signed by the commander and attached to a CHP 36.
Evidence officer should purge evidence on a ______.
Misdemeanor or infraction evidence shall be checked after ____.
Felony evidence shall be checked _____.
One year after booking and every year after.
MVARS DVD after_____.
Declined cases by Prosecutor shall be disposed of______ after the date of arrest.
Adjudicated records shall be forwarded to evidence officer with two working days of receipt by the court officer.
Offenses punishable by death or life; or which involve the embezzlement of public money or falsification of public documents shall be held______.
Evidence for felony sexual offenses is held for_____.
Evidence punishable by imprisonment for eight years or more are held_____.
368 PC felonies (except theft/embezzlement) are held for____.
Offenses punishable by imprisonment in state prison.
Held for 3 years.
Misdemeanors/infractions are held for____.
multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team evidence is held for_____.
Unclaimed property shall be purged in ____ day intervals.