Flashcards in HPM 9.1 Employee Relations - Quiz 1 Deck (10)
1) Grievances are kept at the Area office for ____________ and Headquarters for ____________:
b. 3 years / 5 years
2) Complaints are kept at the Area office for ____________ and Headquarters for ____________:
a. 1 year / 3 years
3) When there is a conflict between the contract/MOU and departmental policy, departmental policy shall be controlling.
4) Which of the following employee classifications are considered “excluded:”
b. confidential employees
d. all the above
5) A union representative can use the departmental telephone to conduct employee relations business provided:
a. the Area Commander approves
b. there are no toll fees associated with the call
c. there is no interference with office operations
d. b & c
e. all the above
6) Which body of law requires the Department to meet and confer in good faith on managerial actions affecting wages, hours, and terms and conditions of employment?
a. Government Code
7) Under the Dills Act, managerial employees have representational rights.
8) Departmental overtime may be claimed for employee representation, provided the Commander approves the request, and the overtime does not interfere with departmental operations.
9) Complaint and grievance records are to be kept separate from an employee’s personnel record.