Flashcards in MP 203.01 EMS Responsibilities Deck (45)
A multi-patient incident is defined as an incident with fewer than how many patients?
Fewer than 25 patients
A mass casualty incident is defined as an incident involving how many patients?
25 to 100 patients
A disaster is defined as an incident involving how many patients?
More than 100 patients
The first arriving company officer at the scene of a multi-patient incident or mass casualty incident shall establish what?
The initial Incident Commander (IC) shall remain in command until command is what?
Until command is transferred or the incident is stabilized and command is terminated
Command is responsible for the completion of what?
The general tactical objectives (Not EMS Objectives), listed in order of priority are?
1. Remove endangered occupants and treat the injured.
2. Stabilize the incident and provide for life safety.
3. Ensure the functions of triage, extrication, treatment and transportation are established as needed and performed appropriately.
4. Provide for the safety, accountability and welfare of resue personnel and victims.
5. Conserve Property.
The EMS Tactical Objectives to be completed during any multi-patient/mass casualty incident include?
1. Completion of a Triage Report
2. Declaration of "ALL IMMEDIATES" transported
The Incident Management System (IMS) is used to facilitate what?
To facilitate the completion of the tactical objectives
Who drives the command system toward the end?
The IC - Incident Commander
During a multi-patient incident, the IC is responsible for building what?
Building a command structure that that matches the organizational needs of the incident to achive the tactical priorities.
When possible patients should be treated and transported in the following priority order?
2. Delayed patients upgraded to Immediate
Triage tags should be used any time there are how many Immediate pt's? Or more than how many toatal pt's?
3 or more Immediate pt's & more than 10 pt's.
The first arriving company officer at a multi-patient incident will assume command and give an on scene report which will answer what questions?
What do I have?
What action will I take?
What resources do I need?
Establishing a safe zone for crews to operate can be accomplished by?
Defensive rig positioning
Use of flash lights
Placement of flares or reflectors
What should be initiated early in a multi-patient incident?
When a triage report is radioed to alarm, what does it signify?
1. Triage has been completed
2. Communicates to all responding crews the size of the major medical incident.
3. Provides essential information rearding decisions to scale back the response or summon additional resources.
A red salvage cover designates a treatment area for what type of patient?
A yellow salvage cover designates a treatment area for what type of patient?
A green salvage cover designates a treatment area for what type of patient?
What location is best served to treat an incident with few patients?
What companies will report directly to the scene?
The first arriving company, first paramedic unit, first ladder, first chief officer, and first rescue.
What level of staging is required for 1st Alarm medical incidents (or greater)?
Level II Staging
The purpose of Triage Sector is to?
Determine, in coordination with Extrication Sector, the location, number, and condition of patients and wheter triage should be performed before or after patients have been extricated.
Who delivers an extricated patient to the treatment area?
True or False? Apparatus with extrication tools or other heavy equipment needed should be brought up closer to the actual incident.
What location should medical equipment and supplies be stockpiled?
Designated Treatment area
The Incident Commader (IC) is resposible for the strategic level of the command structure and should?
1. Determine the appropriate strategy.
2. Establish overall incident objectives.
3. Set Priorities.
4. Develop an action plan, communicate plan.
5. Obtain and assign resources.
6. Planning-based on evaluating interventions and predicting outcomes.
7. Communicate specific objective to tactical level units.
8. Initiate a Unified Command with other agencies.
Most multi-patient incidents require what Basic Sectors?
Triage, Extrication, Treatment and Transportation