What case study do you use for rebranding?
Why was Amsterdam's reputation threatened?
- Greater competition from other cities.
- Social + economic decline in some areas
- Reputation for allowing soft drugs + prositution was seen as inappropriate by investors.
- Failed bid to host Olympics.
How did Amsterdam overcome the threats against it's reputation?
'I Amsterdam' slogan:
- Clear, short, powerful
- Large 3D sculpture put in front of famous museum - photographed by tourists + put on social media.
- Resulted in increased tourism + is now one of the top 5 European cities.
What were the positives of Amsterdam's rebranding scheme?
- Increased tourism
What were the negatives of Amsterdam's rebranding scheme?