Flashcards in Matters of Life after death questions Deck (8)
Explain two Muslim beliefs about the origin of the universe
- One belief is the creationist belief.
- Another is the metaphorical belief.
Outline three Muslim beliefs about why human life is holy.
- One belief as to why human life is holy is because it has been given to us by Allah.
- Another is that they have been gifted free will.
Explain two ways life is shown as special in the Quran.
- "Our Lord, you have not created all this without purpose".
- Human life should reflect the uniqueness of Allah.
Outline three Muslim beliefs about the origins of human life.
- Creationist Muslims believe Adam was the first man.
- Evolutionist Muslims say that humans evolved from a simpler form.
- Muslims believe that Allah created everything.
Explain two reasons why most Muslims oppose Abortion.
- They believe that life is sacred.
- They base their approach on the sanctity of life.
Explain two ways a Muslim might argue for life after death.
- "On that day he will call them".
- They do not believe in reincarnation.
Outline three arguments against life after death.
- There is not enough evidence for it.
- Religion is a tool for scandal control.
- "There is only our life in this world".