Flashcards in Christian beliefs questions Deck (12)
Explain two Christian beliefs about the trinity.
- Christians believe that the Holy spirit helps them to worship in the most fulfilling way.
- They believe that it is a model of mutual love and perfect unity.
Outline three Christian beliefs on creation.
- Some Christians called creationists believe the accounts are literally true.
- Others believe that it is metaphorical.
- The main belief is that God created the world in six days and on the seventh day, he rested.
Outline three Christian beliefs about Jesus.
- Christians believe that God came into the world as Jesus.
- Christians believe that the incarnation shows that God loves the world.
- Christians believe that God understands suffering as a human.
Explain two Christian beliefs about Jesus.
- Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate.
- Christians also believe that Jesus as a human, could understand suffering.
Outline three events in the last days of Jesus' life.
-One event in the last days of Jesus' life was the last supper.
- Another event in the last days of Jesus' life was the betrayal and arrest.
- A final event in the last days of Jesus' life was the crucifixion.
'Jesus' crucifixion was the most important event in history'. Plan.
- Was a sacrifice.
- Was proof of his humanity.
- It means that Christians can have eternal life.
- Jesus' birth: without Christmas, there would be no Easter.
- Creation of the Earth: "Through him, all things were made".
- The incarnation: "And they will call him Immanuel".
Outline three features of salvation for Christians.
- It allows humans to have eternal life.
- Christians have a moral duty to live as Jesus did.
- God and humanity can restore their loving relationship.
Outline three features of the problem of evil and suffering.
- Natural soul
- Moral evil.
- God is omnipotent.
Explain two types of evil and suffering.
Suffering that is caused by nature and beyond human control.
Deliberately evil actions by humans that cause suffering to others.
Explain two different Christian solutions to the problem of evil and suffering.
- One Christian solution to the problem of evil and suffering is biblical solutions. This solution suggests that suffering is part of life.
- Another Christian solution to the problem of evil and suffering is the theoretical solution. This encourages Christians to believe that God gave us free will.
Outline three features of the biblical story of creation.
- He created the world in six days and on the 7th day he rested.
- On day 2, he created water and the sky.
- On day 3, he created land and plant life.