Flashcards in Living the Muslim Life Deck (16)
What are the ten Obligatory Acts?
The Ten Obligatory acts are the most important duties that a Shia Muslim has to carry out.
What is the Shahadah?
The Shahadah is a declaration of Faith.
What is Sawm?
Sawm is the act of Fasting in Ramadan,
What is Zakah?
Zakah is the act of donating 2.5% of their wealth to a respectable cause such as a charity.
What is Khums?
Khums is where Muslims donate 20% of their wealth should be donated to other causes. It is important because serving others is part of Islam. It must be paifd annually.
What is Hajj?
Hajj is a pilgrimage that has to be completed at least once in a Muslim's life. It is a pilgrimage to Mecca.
What is Jihad?
Jihad is striving to protect lslam.
Name two celebrations in Islam.
Id ul Adha and Id-ul-fitr.
Why are the ten obligatory acts important?
- They are a way of showing commitment to Islam.
- They enable Shia Muslims to connect with Allah.
- It promotes a better society.
- They are a means for a Shia to be blessed with a good afterlife.
Why is the Shahadah important?
- It is the first pillar of Islam.
- It is a testimony.
- Rewards are promised to those who put Allah first.
Why is the Salah important?
- They can communicate directly with Allah.
- It enables Muslims to improve themselves.
- Muslims believe all prophets of Allah taught their followers about worship.
Why is Sawm important?
- It will help them get close to Allah.
- It helps them appreciate what others go through.
- It can help them become purer.
Why is Zakah important?
- It is a form of worship.
- All acts of charity will be rewarded.
Why is Khums important?
- Serving others is part of the faith.
- It must be paid annually.
Why is Hajj important?
- One of the five pillars of Islam.
- Demonstration of unity within Islam.
- Opportunity for sins to be forgiven.