Flashcards in Living the Muslim life Questions Deck (10)
State three of the Ten Obligatory Acts.
Salah, Sawm and Hajj
Explain two ways that a Shia Muslim show their commitment.
One way a Shia Muslim can show their commitment is by going on a pilgrimage to Mecca. This shows they are willing to give time up to further develop their faith.
Another way a Shia Muslim can show commitment is by fasting in Ramadan. This means they are willing to give food up for Allah and think of those who are less fortunate.
Outline three beliefs about the Shahadah.
One Muslim belief about the Shahadah is that it is the first pillar of Islam.
Another Muslim belief about the Shahadah is that rewards are promised to those who put Allah first.
A final Muslim belief about the Shahadah is that it is a testimony.
Explain two beliefs why the Shahadah is important to Muslims.
One reason why the Shahadah is important to Muslims is that it is a testimony. This means that it reminds people of the commitment they have made.
Another reason why the Shahadah is important to Muslims is because rewards are promised for those who put Allah first. This means that it gives Muslims something to fight for.
Outline three purposes of Salah.
- To communicate directly with Allah.
- To teach youngsters.
Explain two ways that Muslims observe Ramadan.
- Celebrating the Night of power.
- Going to the mosque.
Explain two reasons why Muslims give to the poor.
- Serving others is part of faith.
- All acts will be rewarded.
Explain two reasons why Muslims complete Hajj.
- To demonstrate unity and fraternity within Islam.
- To focus on their relationship with Allah.
Outline three Muslim beliefs about Jihad.
- Both were practised by the Prophet Muhammad.
- The Quran teaches about the need to resist evil.
- Allah is pleased with those who aim to improve themselves.