Flashcards in SOGs Section 20, 23 & 25 Fire Investigations(20) Fire Alarm Systems(23) & Notice to Rectify Distribution (25) Deck (17)
According to the Fire Investigations SOG, what is the purpose of this SOG?
To establish guidelines for the Divisions of Firefighting and Fire Prevention for investigation of incidents, notifications and maintaining scene security.
According to the Fire Investigation SOG, when possible overhaul of the fire scene should not be initiated until when?
The completion of the fire investigation, other than what is necessary to suppress the fire and prevent further extension.
According to the Fire Investigation SOG, the IC should determine when it is safe for the investigator to enter a scene when what 4 safety concerns have been addressed?
1) air quality
2) Environmental hazards
3) structural integrity
4) any other hazards which may jeopardize the investigators safety
According to the Fire Investigations SOG, a report shall be generated by the PC and forwarded to the on-duty Chief and on call FPO, when a fire loss exceeds what dollar amount?
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Fire Conditions SOG, what 3 things may personnel do once it is determined to be a false alarm?
1) silence the alarm bells
2) announce, using voice comm, a message that problem identified and that the alarm is a false alarm.
3) reset fire alarm panel
Note: personnel shall not intervene directly to correct fire protection system problems
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Fire Conditions SOG, if unable to reset the fire alarm on the first or second attempt, how long must personnel wait before silencing alarm bells.
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Fire Conditions SOG, what 6 things shall personnel do if the system fails to reset
1) silence bells after waiting one minute
2) advise owner/tenant to have it repaired by fire alarm tech
3) issue an NTR
4) advise to have a responsible party contact monitoring company and Fire Communications to relay “off-line” status
5) advise owner/tenant that panel in alarm still leaves building protect just not the area/floor of the original alarm
6) advise owner/tenant to have a fire watch of the affected area/floor until repairs have been completed.
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, once the determination is made that access cannot be gained, the IC shall do what 3 things?
1) confirm key holder notified
2) confirm time of notification
3) confirm estimated time of arrival
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, what shall personnel attempt to do?
Perform a 360 of the premises, if possible.
Perform a thorough check of the exterior, including use of TIC, to ensure no fire hazard or medical problem exists and to determine cause of the alarm.
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, how long shall personnel wait for a key-holder, and what status will they be in while waiting?
Personnel shall wait 30 minutes from the time the call was received. Apparatus are to be considered “available” while waiting.
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, where no key holder responds and access cannot be gained, what is the procedure?
Personnel, upon completion of their checks (360 etc), shall complete a NTR that is to be left in a prominent place, and leave the incident scene.
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, forcible entry is to occur if any of what 4 conditions exist?
1) there are visible signs of fire
2) there is visible steady uninterrupted water flow
3) obvious potential for immediate threat to life or property (strong odour of flammable gas)
4) a reasonable possibility that at a medical emergency prompted the alarm activation
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, when forcible entry was used to gain access Fire Control shall notify which 3 agencies/personnel?
1) Peel Regional Police
2) the Alarm Monitoring Company
3) the on-duty PC
According to the Fire Alarm Activations-No Access SOG, when personnel have attended an occupancy and no key-holder was met, a follow up by personnel or an FPO should occur within a reasonable time period in order to achieve what 5 things?
1) update key holder lists
2) ensure NTR was received and understood
3) advise owner/occupants or their reps with regard to correction of their system deficiencies
4) make aware of key box system
5) tour the premise for familiarity and answer questions
According to the NTR Distribution SOG, all personnel that complete an NTR shall ensure that completed forms are distributed in what 3 point order?
1) white copy to owner or owners rep
2) yellow and pink copies to Admin via inter-office mail to FLS Centre
3) goldenrod copy to be retained by issuing officer
According to the NTR Distribution SOG, an NTR is to be scanned and forwarded to Fire Prevention general email, if scanning is not an option an email is to be sent to fire prevention with what 5 items of information?
1) NTR as subject line
2) occurrence date
3) building address
4) shift and station
5) problem (fire alarm, sprinkle)