What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is using those social media platforms strategically to market a person, product, company, organization, or idea.
Social media marketing is using those social media platforms strategically to market a...
person, product, company, organization, or idea.
When we talk about marketing on social media, we’re talking about much more than just running _____.
ads Yes, part of social media marketing is running digital ads, which this chapter covers in a later section. And yes, part of social media can involve sales. This is one of the most important notes to remember in social media marketing: that marketing on social media is about more than just sales pitches and ads.
When talking about social media marketing we’re referring to how a company can leverage all of the functionality of social media platforms to add _____ to the company or brand.
value To create value for a company, a marketer can provide value for the consumer on social media.
What are the benefits of social media marketing?
1. DEVELOPING A LOYAL COMMUNITY Social media platforms are already built around interaction and community. Marketers can use social media to connect with their community and connect customers to one another as well.
2. IMPROVING BRAND IMAGE Social media platforms provide an excellent avenue for marketers to show the “human” side of a company or brand. By consistently posting cohesive brand messages and interacting with social media followers every day, a marketer can show followers a behind-the-scenes look at the brand. It’s an ideal way to rebrand or to show the value of a brand.
3. SHOWING EXPERTISE OR PRODUCT QUALITY (This is related to brand image.) Social media posting is a great way to showcase a company’s expertise without the posted material seeming like an advertisement.
4. IMPROVING CUSTOMER SERVICE Many customers go straight to social media when they have a customer complaint or question. By being available to field questions on social media, marketers can increase customer satisfaction by addressing issues in a timely manner.
5. GAINING CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AND IDEAS Social media’s interactive nature is great for handling informal feedback and product ideas from followers.
6. BOOSTING TRAFFIC AND SERACH ENGINE RATING Being active on social media affords companies a bigger web presence and more links to their websites. These outcomes can increase website traffic standing with search engines (as discussed in the previous chapter).
7. EXPANDING SALES AND REACHING A NEW AUDIENCE Social media allows marketers to interact with an audience with whom they might not otherwise have contact. Networking through social media can help marketers branch out and reach new segments.
8. CUTTING MARKETING COSTS By strategically targeting with ads and building value with social media interactions, marketers can cut costs through more targeted marketing. This means ad dollars will go to ads aimed at the target market, and less money will be wasted on those not interested in the product.
9. MAINTAINING TOP-OF-MIND AWARENESS Companies’ interactions with followers on social media build the likelihood that those followers will think of the companies when there is a product need. (See “top-of-mind awareness” presented as part of the buyer behavior process.)
Match each personality/description with its corresponding social media
1. Well-suited for real-time reporting, short thoughts or commentary, public relations response, fielding customer service complaints or inquiries.
2. Well-suited for those wanting to reach a younger demographic. Those businesses that can take advantage of geo-targeting features for marketing.
3. Well-suited for anything that can be planned for or given instructions for. Examples include travel, decorating, fashion, food (recipes), events, holiday items, car shopping or repair, business or marketing tips, etc.
4. Well-suited for most businesses.
5. Well-suited for products, companies, or causes that can be expressed visually and artistically.
6. Well-suited for B2B marketing, those wanting to connect with job seekers, or personal branding for the job market.
7. Well-suited for almost any company selling to consumers. Marketers can post video content to brand, entertain, interact, share tutorials, explain product usage, etc.
Give the steps for a good social media marketing game plan?
1. Look at the different uses of the platforms (described earlier). Which one fits what you’re doing?
2. Look at where your customers are on social media. Where do they go to get product ideas?
3. Look at where your competitors are. What is working for them?
4. Try out a platform or two and different types of content. Where do you get the most / best response?
Know the _______ of your target market. Go where the conversation is already happening.
List the game plan step in order
1.Try out a platform or two and different types of content. Where do you get the most / best response?
2.Look at where your customers are on social media. Where do they go to get product ideas?
3.Look at where your competitors are. What is working for them?
4.Look at the different uses of the platforms (described earlier). Which one fits what you’re doing?
If you competitors are successfully interacting with customers, then that’s a good indication of what works well for your ______.
when you’re trying to think of what types of social media content would be useful to your company or brand, use this criteria...
What content could you provide to show who you are,
show what value you bring,
and provide value to your target market?