Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – LANDING GEAR Deck (17)
1. What does positioning the LANDING GEAR Lever to OFF do?
-removes hydraulic pressure from the Landing Gear System
2. What is the purpose of the Lever Lock Override Trigger?
-allows you to bypass the Landing Gear Lever Lock under certain conditions
3. A Gear Position Light is not illuminated with the LANDING GEAR lever in the DOWN position. The Supplemental Gear Position light is green. What is the gear position?
-down and locked
4. What is the purpose of the Landing Gear Transfer Valve? Which fluid is used to operate the gear?
-Allows the needed volume of hydraulic fluid to raise the landing gear at a normal rate when the System A Engine-driven pump volume is lost
-B system fluid
5. What effect does the Manual Extension Access Door have on the Landing Gear operation?
-if the door is open, you can not retract the landing gear
7. The Landing Gear Configuration Aural Warning (horn) cannot be silenced beyond which flap setting?
-greater than 10
6. What does pulling a Manual Gear Extension Handle do?
-releases the gear’s mechanical uplock
8. What supplies pressure to the Alternate Brake System if Normal Brake System pressure is low or fails?
-Hydraulic System A
9. How is braking available if both Hydraulic Systems A and B is are lost?
-Via the Brake Accumulator (6 brake applications)
10. Which Brake System(s) provide(s) skid, locked wheel, touchdown and hydroplane protection?
-Both Normal and Alternate Brake systems
11. When does RTO braking automatically begin during a rejected takeoff?
-wheel speed greater than 90kts and thrust levers are retarded to idle
13. What is the difference between Autobrake 1, 2, 3, and MAX?
-different deceleration rates
14. What effect does thrust reverser and spoiler deployment have on the autobraking rate?
-to maintain the selected deceleration rates, autobrake pressure is reduced to maintain selected rate
15. How is the Autobrake System disarmed after braking begins?
-Moving SPEED BRAKE Lever to the down detent, advancing thrust lever(s) (except during the 1st 3 seconds of landing), or applying manual brakes
16. How do you set the PARKING BRAKE
-by pressing both brake pedals and pull up the parking brake lever
17. In flight, how will a PSEU-detected fault be indicated?
-it is inhibited in flight