Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – FIRE PROTECTION Deck (18)
1. What happens when either illuminated Master FIRE WARN light is pushed?
-Extinguishes both FIRE WARN lights, Silences Fire Warning Bell, resets the system, and silences the Remote APU Warning Horn (on the ground)
2. Which other switch provides the same function as pushing either Master Fire Warn light for an engine fire warning?
-Fire Warning BELL CUTOUT switch
3. Which Bus powers the Engine Overheat and Fire Detection? Which Bus powers the Engine Fire Extinguishing?
Battery Bus -Hot Battery Bus
4. What will cause an illuminated ENG OVERHEAT light and/or Engine Fire Switch to extinguish?
-The temperature to drop below the preset value.
5. With the OVHT DET switch in the A or B position, what initiates an overheat or fire warning?
-The system acts like a single loop.
6. With the OVHT DET switch selected to “A”, during an Overheat/Fire Test, what does a FAULT light (amber) indication mean?
-The A loop has failed.
7. If one overheat/fire detector loop fails with the OVHT DET switch on NORMAL, how is a fire detected?
-The system has a fault monitoring circuit, and deselects the inop loop, acting like a single loop system.
8. What does rotating an Engine Fire Switch do?
-Shoots a squib into the related engine.
9. What causes a Fire Switch to unlock?
-Illumination of an Engine Fire Switch or ENG OVERHEAT light
10. Which Bus powers the APU Overheat and Fire Detection? Which Bus powers the APU Fire Extinguishing?
-Battery Bus -Hot Battery Bus
11.What does pressing the HORN CUTOUT switch on the APU Fire ControlPanel (main wheel well) do?
-Silences the Fire Warning Bell, silences the APU Fire Warning Horn, and causes the APU Fire Warning Light to stop flashing, but it remains illumated
12. What power source is required for Main Wheel Well fire detection?
-AC power (#2 AC Transfer Bus)
13. What components are tested with the Overheat/Fire Protection Panel Test Switch to OVHT/FIRE?
-Overheat and Fire loops on both engines, the APU, and fire detector in the wheel well.
14. What components are tested with the Overheat/Fire Protection Panel Test Switch to FAULT/INOP?
-Fault detection circuits for both engines and the APU
15. What does a FAULT light (amber) illuminating during an OVHT FIRE indicate?
-A bad loop
16. What does the ENGINES APU EXT/TEST switch test?
-Tests the engine’s squibs (left and right) for the engine tested, and the APU squib
17. What does a DETECTOR FAULT light (amber) illuminated indicate when TEST is pushed and held on the Boeing Cargo Fire Panel?
-one or more detector loops has failed