Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – FLIGHT INSTRUMENTS, DISPLAYS Deck (24)
1. What does the Integrated Standby Flight Display (ISFD) display with APP annunciated?
-ILS Localizer and Glide Slope deviation is displayed
2. If the Outboard Display Unit (DU) fails, where does the PFD display?
-Automatically on the inboard display unit
3. Which display unit provides ILS info, approach minimums, and TCAS commands?
-The Primary Flight Display
4. What does the Speed Bug (magenta hollow arrow) indicate?
-airspeed that has been manually selected in the IAS/MACH window, or indicates FMC computed speed when the IAS/MACH window is blank
5. What indicates the Maximum (Vmax) Speed?
-red and black alternating hashmarks
6. What indicates the Maximum Maneuvering Speed?
-amber vertical bar
7. What indicates the Minimum Maneuvering Speed (Vmvr) for full maneuver capability?
-vertical amber bar extending up from the red and black alternating strips from Vmin
8. What indicates the Minimum Safe Operating (Vmin) Speed?
-alternating red and black bar on the bottom of the speed tape
9. What is the Mach/Airspeed Overspeed aural warning? How do you silence it?
-a clacker, only by slowing down
10. What does the Pitch Limit Indication (PLI) indicate?
-indicates the pitch limit (shaker activation for the existing flight conditions)
11. On the altitude tape,what does the amber cross hatched area represent on approach at destination?
-the Landing Altitude Indication
12. With Minimums Reference Indicator on EFIS panel set to BARO, what does the triangular pointer and line (green) on the Altitude Display represent?
13. When does the Radio Altitude appear on the attitude indicator?
-below 2,500’ AGL
14. Where is the current heading indicated?
-White lined triangle at the top of the compass rose, at the bottom of the PFD
15. When does the ALTITUDE DISAGREE Alert appear?
-When Capt’s and F/O’s altitude disagree by more than 200’ for more than 5 seconds
16. What does DISPLAYS CONTROL PANEL (amber) indicate?
-a failed EFIS Control Panel of the affected side
17. What does INSTR SWITCH (amber) indicate?
-both the Captains’s and F/O’s displays are using the same source for IRU data
18. What does CDS MAINT (white) indicate?
-a dispatchable CDS fault, only displayed on the ground prior to the start of the second engine
19. What does CDS FAULT (amber) indicate?
-a non-dispatchable CDS fault has occurred
20. What does DSPLY SOURCE (amber) indicate?
-a DEU has failed
21. How dow you step through the active route on the ND in PLN mode?
-CDU legs page
22. What does EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ DISAGREE (amber) indicate?
-APP ILS is selected with a VOR frequency tuned or VOR is selected with an ILS frequency tuned
23. What information is entered using the RWY key on the HGS Control Panel?
-the runway length and runway elevation