Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – COMMUNICATIONS Deck (15)
1. What does depressing a Transmitter Selector Switch do?
-it selects the related communication system for subsequent transmission
2. Which ACP switch keys the mask or boom microphone for direct transmission over the flight interphone?
3. Pushing the upper half of the control wheel PTT switch activates which transmitter?
-activates the oxygen mask or boom microphone for transmission as selected by the ACP transmitter selector
4. What does the Service Interphone Switch do?
-When ON, allows maintenance or service personnel jacks to connect to the system
5. What ACP switch position is required to transmit over the PA with the PA Handset on the Aft Control Stand?
-the handset bypasses the ACP, so it doesn’t matter
6. When does the Flight Deck CALL (blue) light illuminate?
-When the Flight Deck is being called by the Flight Attendants or Ground Crew
7. What does pressing the GRD CALL switch do?
-sounds a horn in the nose wheel well
8. Normally, to call the Flight Attendants, which switch is used?
-the ATTEND switch
9. Which radio defaults to DATA on power up and at power down?
10. What does an illuminated Offside Tuning Light (white) on the Radio Tuning Panel (RTP) indicate?
-that the radio normally associated with that panel, is being tuned by another raio tuning panel
11. What is accomplished by pushing the VHF TEST button?
-it removes the automatic squelch feature
12. What is the meaning of the INOP and PANEL FAIL displays on the Radio Tuning Panel (RTP)?
-INOP: the radio selected is not available
-FAIL: the radio tuning panel has failed
13. Can you receive calls with an illuminated SELCAL light on the SELCAL Panel?
-No, you must reset the system
14. Which Audio Control Panel controls the cabin MEDLINK headset jacks?
-The Observer’s Audio Control Panel