Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – AIRPLANE GENERAL Deck (21)
1. Which lights indicate conditions requiring the immediate attention of the Flight Crew?
-Red Warning Lights
2. Which lights indicate conditions requiring the timely attention of the Flight Crew?
-Amber Caution Lights
3. Does a dim or bright blue light indicate a disagreement exists between component position and switch position?
-When a blue light remains bright blue, a disagreement exists between component position and switch position
4. What causes an illuminated MASTER CAUTION to light extinguish?
The lights remain illuminated as long as the caution condition exists, or until the crew resets the Master Caution System.
5. What are the indications of a single or simple fault in a dual channel system?
-None, unless you push the System Annunciator Panel
6. How do you recall (refresh) fault annunciations stored in the Master Caution System?
-Pressing the System Annunciator Panel
7. What actions are performed by pushing either MASTER CAUTION light?
-A Master Caution Reset: both Master Caution lights extinguish, all system annunciator lights extinguish, and the Master Caution system is reset.
8. When may the Flight Crew use the FLT DK DOOR Lock Selector UNLKD position?
-Never to allow access to the flight deck
9. What happens when the FLT DK DOOR Lock Selector is placed in DENY?
-deactivates the keypad and the door will remain locked for 5 minutes
10. When does the cabin crew use the Flight Deck Access System (FDAS)?
-during an emergency, like pilot incapacitation
11. How does the FDAS work when the correct code in entered?
-a series of chimes for 60 seconds, then the door unlocks
12. How is the Potable Water Tank pressurized?
-by engine or APU bleed air or by electric air compressor (not on the 400)
13. What is nominal Flight Crew Oxygen System pressure at 21°C (70°F)?
Nominal system pressure is 1850 psi at 21°C (70°F).
14. When is 100% oxygen at positive pressure supplied to the Flight Crew Oxygen Mask?
15. What does the OXY ON Flag (white tab) on the Flight Crew (full-face) Oxygen Mask stowage container mean?
-Oxygen Shutoff Valve is open
16. What provides passenger oxygen?
-single chemical oxygen generator
17. How are the Passenger Service Unit (PSU) oxygen masks deployed?
-with a aneroid switch (cabin altitude of 14,000’) or PASS OXYGEN switch on
18. How long does the Passenger Service Unit (PSU) oxygen flow?
-12 minutes and it can’t be shutoff
19. What precautions should you use prior to discharging a fire extinguisher in the Flight Deck?
-All crewmembers should have oxygen masks on and 100% oxygen with emergency selected
20. Does the Aft Attendant Emergency Exit Lights switch override the Flight Deck switch?
-Yes (even with the flight deck switch on off