Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – WARNING SYSTEMS Deck (10)
1. When may you test the Ground Proximity System Test (SYS TEST)?
-on the ground
2. When does the GPWS provide the aural alter BANK ANGLE, BANK ANGLE?
-when the roll angle exceeds 35, 40, or 45 degrees. Once sounded, the alert is silent for that bank angle (35, 40, or 45 degrees) until the system is reset by decreasing the bank angle to 30 degrees or less
3. When do GPWS windshear alters occur? Where is the alert displayed?
-when the aircraft is in windshear. It is displayed on both attitude indicators with voice alerts
4. Pushing the TERR Display select switch shows what (in expanded MAP)? What does it remove?
-shows terrain on the ND, it removes the radar display
5. What does dotted Green terrain display on the Navigation Display indicate?
-terrain from 2000ft to 500ft (250 with gear down) below the current altitude
6. What does an amber elevation under TERR on the Navigation Display indicate?
-on the terrain displayed between the highest and lowest displayed terrain there is terrain 500 ft below (250 ft with gear down) to 2000 ft above the aircraft
7. Regardless of selected range, selecting WX+T shows weather radar returns and include turbulence within what range?
8. For takeoff, when does the PWS activate if the WXR switch is not selected ON during taxi?
-by either advancing either thrust lever greater than 53 degrees and will terminate when thrust levers are retarded to less than 53 degrees.
9. What are TCAS Traffic Advisory (TA) symbols? Resolution Advisory (RA) symbols?
-TA - an amber dot
-RA - a red box