Flashcards in REVIEW QUESTIONS – AUTOMATIC FLIGHT Deck (28)
1. What is the name of the display where the Flight Mode Annunciators (FMA) appear?
-A/P Status Display
2. What does CMD (green), annunciated on the PFD, mean?
One or both Autopilots are engaged
3. When does a rectangle around a Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA) appear?
-for 10 seconds after a change in the engagement mode
4. How does an FMA display an Armed Mode?
-smaller white letters at the bottom of the flight mode
5. What are the names (from left to right) of the Flight Mode Annunciators?
-Autothrottle, Roll, and Pitch
6. Which FMA annunciation indicates that power has been removed from the autothrottle servos during takeoff?
7. Pushing an illuminated mode switch on the Mode Control Panel (MCP) does what to the mode?
-it deselects the mode
8. What is displayed by turning a Flight Director (F/D) switch ON?
-command bars on the attitude indicator
9. How is the master FCC determined?
-with neither A/P engaged, the first F/D switch turned ON or with one or both A/P engaged in CMD, the FCC for the first A/P in CMD
10. What are the required conditions for A/P engagement?
-No force is being applied to the control wheel and the STAB TRIM AUTOPILOT cutout switch is normal
11. What does STAB OUT OF TRIM(amber) light indicate?
-That the autopilot is not trimming the stabilizer properly
12. When does the A/P Disengage Light Illuminate STEADY RED?
-Stabilizer out of trim below 800’ RA on dual channel approach, ALT ACQ mode inhibited during A/P go-around if stabilizer not trimmed for single A/P operation, disengage light TEST switch held in position 2, or automatic ground system test fail
13. What does the A/T/ LIM indication (white) on the Upper Display Unit mean?
-the FMC is not providing the A/T system with N1 limit values
14. When is the MCP IAS/MACH display blank?
-VNAV mode engaged, A/T engaged in FMC SPD mode, or during 2 engine AFDS go-around
While flying an RNP departure passing 10,000', you have selected LVL CHG, with 250 in the IAS/MACH window on the MCP, what will be the PITCH Mode FMA annunciation?
16. What trigger/causes the MCP IAS/MACH display to automatically and manually switch between indicated airspeed and Mach Number?
-passing FL260 or pressing C/O switch
17. The Bank Angle Selector sets maximum bank angle for AFDS operation in which Roll modes?
-HSG SEL or VOR/LOC modes
18. Engaging LNAV outside of 3 NM from an active route requires what intercept criteria?
-be on intercept course of 90 degrees or less and intercept route segment before active waypoint
19. After engaging LVL CHG for a climb, what does the FMA annunciates for the Authothrottle mode?
-N1, MCP SPD IAS/MACH display and airspeed cursors display target speed
20. After localizer and glide slope capture, what will exit the APP mode?
-pushing TO/GA, disengaging A/P and turning off both F/D switches, or retuning a VHF NAV receiver
21. You are on Autopilot climbing from 10,00 to FL200, in VNAV, with 20,000 in the FMC CRZ page and MCP Altitude window. Passing 11,00 you select ALT HLD, what will the aircraft do?
-the A/P will hold the altitude when the ALT HLD switch was pressed at
22. What will happen after activating either TO/GA switch above 2,000’ RA with flaps up and G/S not active?
23. When is Glide Slope capture inhibited?
-prior to (VOR/LOC)localizer capture.
24. After pushing TO/GA once, on a dual A/P approach prior to touchdown, what will the roll mode command?
-hold current ground track
25. After pushing TO/GA once, on a dual A/P approach prior to touchdown and at what rate of climb will the N1 thrust provide?
A climb is initiated at 1000-2000 fpm climb rate
26. With the second push of TO/GA, on a dual A/P approach prior to touchdown, what N1 thrust is commanded?
-full go-around N1 limit
27. When will overspeed or underspeed limiting symbols appear in the MCP speed window?
-when the command speed cannot be reached