Flashcards in Differences Physchologically Deck (8)
Why are Men generally stronger than Women?
- As they have more testosterone and more muscle mass
Who has a higher percentage of fat?
What is another difference between men and women?
- Men have bigger lungs and heart, so women have less oxygen carrying capacity
What activities are women more likely to participate in?
- More skill and technique related activities
Give a difference between men and woman's sport
- In Tennis, men play to 5 sets where as women only play to 3.
What sports are men more likely to participate in?
- Power sports as they are able to jump further, run faster etc
At what age do sports become 'single sex' and why?
- At the age of 11, as from this age boys get stronger and taller