Flashcards in Available Funding Deck (6)
- Where performers receive help from sponsors in the form of money to pay for training, free training access or equipment
Who tends to get higher levels of sponsorship?
- Professinals as they have a higher profile than amateurs so then more people know about them
- This makes them better for advertising a sponsor's products or services as they will be seen a lot
How is Funding provided?
- Through an application process to transform the places where people play sport
Define 'Iconic Facilities'
- These tend to be really big multi sport facilities, the idea being improving these sorts of facilities could very significantly increase the number of participants
Define 'Inspired Facilities'
- This funding makes it easier for local community and volunteer groups to improve and refurbish their sports clubs or turn non sporting venues into modern sporting venues.
- Help is given planning these