Flashcards in Chapter 8 Deck (54)
20. Who is responsible for writing the words in an ad for new campaign for Toshiba office equipment?
21. An ad for Toshiba office equipment illustrates the problems of corporate espionage with an ad that shows a copier just after is has stolen a women's pocketbook. The woman is screaming, and the copier is rolling away with the purse. Who was responsible for creating this illustration?
the art director
22. Who is ultimately responsible for the final form the ad takes?
the creative director
23. The term "creatives" refers to:
the people who work in the creative department
24. Truly great ads do have certain characteristics in common. The text refers to these as:
audience resonance and strategic relevance
25. If negatively originated motives provide the basis for product purchase, then _____ types of ads will more than likely resonate with the audience.
26. An ad for Toshiba office machines suggests that unless you use Toshiba office products you will be victimized by corporate espionage. The ad is _____ because it offers a product that will protect your important business information.
27. The Sage software ad begins, “Drink in all the benefits of CRM without the big upfront investment.” The Sage ad is _____ because it has a positively originated motive.
28. The _____ is the document that serves as the creative team's guide for writing and producing the ad.
29. Another name for a creative strategy is:
a copy platform
30. A creative strategy should have a(n) _____, advertising objectives, and the problem the advertising is designed to solve.
31. A creative strategy should contain:
none of the above
32. What is the last step in developing an advertising strategy?
the delivery of the creative strategy to the creative department
33. What a company wants to say and how it wants to say it determines its _____. It is a simple explanation of the overall approach to be used by the ad campaign.
34. What are the three components of the message strategy?
verbal, nonverbal, and technical
35. The _____ component of the message strategy would include budgets, scheduling limitations, and mandatories
36. Any ad for Samsonite luggage must contain its slogan, "Life's a Journey" and the Samsonite logo. These required ad elements are referred to as a:
37. An ad for Toshiba office equipment illustrates the problems of corporate espionage with an ad that shows a copier just after is has stolen a women's pocketbook. The woman is screaming, and the copier is rolling away with the purse. The comparison of a purse snatcher to corporate espionage is an example of how _____ can be used in advertising.
38. The print ad for the a new Clinique perfume shows a photograph with flames coming out of the sprayer and wrapping around the bottle to show how the perfume heats up passion. The creation of burning bottle of perfume is an example of:
39. An ad from National Peanut Board advises its readers that peanut butter is "like an energy bar with curves." The ad's illustration shows peanut butter thickly spread on a bagel to indicate how peanut butter can be used as part of a healthy lifestyle. In this example, creativity was used to:
inform customers of the benefits you get from using peanut butter
40. An ad for Asian Sensations newest product line of snack foods encourages its readers to "Thai something new." In this example, the word play is used to:
persuade consumers to try the new snack food
41. Which of the following colors is seen as the symbol of health and freshness?
42. Which of the following colors conveys sophistication and high-end merchandise?
43. The two general categories of theories of thinking are:
fact-based and value-based
44. The _____ is the step-by-step procedure used to discover original ideas and reorganize existing concepts in new ways.
45. According to Roger von Oech, the _____ role in the creative process is to search for new information and pay attention to unusual patterns.
46. According to Roger von Oech, the _____ role in the creative process is to experiment and play with a variety of approaches, looking for an original idea.
47. According to Roger von Oech, the _____ role in the creative process is to evaluate the results of experimentation and decide which approach is most practical.
48. According to Roger von Oech, the _____ role in the creative process is to overcome excuses, idea killers, setbacks, and obstacles to bring a creative concept to realization.