Flashcards in Final 150 part 1 test corrections Deck (31)
What is a multilateral system of trading in which a country pays for its imports from one country by its exports to another?
what document became the first of legislation to stop the westward expansion of slavery in America?
northwest ordinance of 1787
4. what court case was about state actions not bein allowed to impede constitutional exercises of power of the federal government?
mcculloch v Maryland #75
5. what is another name for soldiers that fought for the colonists durin tha American revolution?
8. what court case dealt with the issue of having free press in the colonies?
John peter zinger trials #26
10. who was the leader of the puritans?
John Winthrop #16
11. what document was created in 1787 to create the system of government that we use to this day, the three branches?
The us constitution #58
13. what branch of government is the law making branch?
14. what farmer uprising convinced the nation that the articles of confederation was too weak to govern our country?
Shays rebellion #55
not tolerant of other beliefs
rebellion that was set to attack the house of burgesses over lack of protection over native Americans
last major battle of the American revolution where Cornwallis surrendered
battle of Yorktown
who was the first secretary of treasury and came up with the plan that allowed the federal government to take over state debt after the was to strengthen the national government power
government that carries out the laws of our nation
set of rules and regulations that governed the pilgrims
Leader of sons of liberty
event in Massachusetts bay colony led to the death of many innocent people and caused a panic over the region
Salem witch trials
lead commander of patriot forces in the war
the name of the colony of the puritans
Massachusetts bay colony
Leader of the pilgrim
amendment that prevents from being forced to give self incriminating advice
Amendment gives us the right to a speedy, public trial by jury
Began over taxation without representation
American Revolutionary War
Protects us from unreasonable searches and seizures
"Give me liberty or give me death". "I'm not a Virginian, I'm an American"
Shot heard round the world
Lexington and concord
Conflict due to fur trade in Ohio river valley
cause of French and Indian war
name of the first 10 amendment in us constitution
bill of rights