Flashcards in 2.1 Introduction to IP Deck (3)
What is TCP and What Are it's Key Attributes?
Transmission Control Protocol
• Connection Oriented
• A formal connection setup and close. Like when you say "Hi" and "Goodbye" on the phone.
• “Reliable” delivery - Built in error checking and will re transmit missing packets if it finds any in the checking process.
• Can manage out-of-order messages or retransmissions
What is UDP and What Are it's Key Attributes?
User Datagram Protocol
•No formal open or close to the connection
• “Unreliable” delivery - It has no has built in error checking and will not re transmit missing packets.
• No reordering of data or retransmissions
• No flow control
• Sender determines the amount of data transmitted