Flashcards in Old periodic table, paper 1&2 Deck (9)
An element is:
A substance or molecule that only contains one type of atom.
Mendeleeves periodic table.
- arranged by atomic number
- put elements in groups by there chemical and physical properties.
- some gaps in table for yet to be discovered elements.
- he predicted there properties and atomic number
How many electrons on an atoms first shell
How many electrons on there next shells:
Group 8 or 0 are called the:
The group an element is in =
How many electrons are in the atom outer shell.
The row the element is in =
How many electron shells there are on the atom.
Properties of noble gasses:
- they are unreactive
- have a full electron shell