Flashcards in Wk 13. Antianginal Deck (38)
31. What are some signs of digitalis toxicity?
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, arrhythmias, weakness, yellow vision, halos around lights, blurred vision
32. What is the antidote for digoxin toxicity?
33. What common drug classes can precipitate digoxin toxicity?
Loop and thiazide diuretics
34. What are the effects of alpha-1 activation by catecholamines?
Vasoconstriction of arterioles in skin, viscera, & mucous membranes and in veins.
35. What are the effects of beta-1 activation by catecholamines?
Increased heart rate, contractility, and conduction rate. Renin release.
36. What are the effects of beta-2 activation in the lungs and liver?
Bronchodilation & glycogenolysis.
37. What are the effects of dopamine activation?
Renal blood vessel dilation.