Flashcards in Windows Quiz Deck (25)
What is the newest version of the Windows desktop operating system?
What operating system does UMary use?
What does the operating system do?
Controls the flow of data
runs other computer applications
Whats the most common windows login?
What is the name of the desktop icon that holds your discared objects?
If you need assistance or windows information use..?
help and support
Whats the default web browser in windows 7?
8. Icons appear on the taskbar. When an icon has been fixed (always appears) on the taskbar, we say that the program icon has been
9. Referring to the Windows Explorer window, the ........ button is in the upper right corner of the Title Bar. This button will end or shut down the window. What color is this button?
10. Clicking the ................ button will return the window to the size it was before it was .......................
restore down, maximized
12. What is the name of the left window pane?
A highlighted section on the task bar means that the app is..........
13. What is the name of the right window pane?
14. The left pane displays a list of objects that can be opened or expanded to display sub-objects. The sub-object can in turn be opened to show more sub-objects or sub-items. This classic expanded structure is referred to a
15. After clicking the Start button, selecting the .............. button will terminate Windows 7 and will turn off the computer's power.
16. To select files that are not adjacent (scattered files), press and hold down the
17. To select a block of adjacent files at one time, click on the first file, hold the
18. The name of the servers that support our campus computer labs are:
Server 1: cisweb
Server 2: Cislab
..........is an adjective relating to, or involving computers or computer networks.
..............key is the keyboard key that allows you to take a screen shot or picture of anything that appears on your computer's display?
21. The Windows operating system has programs that assist the user in the management of their computer, for example, the exploring of folders on networked computer, installing a printer, moving, renaming, or deleting folders and files, etc. We refer to these supporting Windows programs as
22. When using Windows, a right-click will always display a
23. When the START button is selected, a list of programs appears. If the user has added their own program to this Start list (menu), such as the Word icon to start the Word program; it is said that the user has ......... the program to the Start menu.
What two books do we need?
Microsoft office 2014
Discovering Computers 2016