How is length measured?
Using a ruler.
What is the unit of length?
How can you find the volume of a regular solid?
- Use a ruler to measure dimensions
- Use an appropriate equation to calculate volume
How can you find the volume of an irregular solid?
- Fill a measuring cylinder with water and read initial volume
- Submerge the object (hold down if necessary) and measure final volume
- The change in volume = volume of object
How can time be measured?
Using clocks or stopwatches.
How can the accuracy of measurements be increased?
By taking multiple measurements and calculating an average.
How can very small distances be measured?
Using a micrometer screw gauge.