Flashcards in Therapeutic Relationship Deck (13)
T or F social workers can accept gifts no matter the price?
False only small gifts
Describe the initial contact between a social worker and client
largely non-therapuetic, informs clients of services available, and obtain info about client
- psychosocial assessment
- fact gathering (assessment of problem)
- assessment of suicidal potential
- assessment of danger to others
- ego assessment
- goal setting and treatment contract
usually take place during...
What is the main goal of treatment?
implementation of the contract
Planned termination usually occurs when?
after all goals are met
Name the 6 basic functions of social workers
1. help people more effectively use their own problem solving skills
2. linkage to resources
3. facilitate relationships btw people and resources
4. policy modification
5. distribute resources
6. serve as agent of change
Name the 8 roles of a social worker
3. educator & teacher
5. case manager
6. staff development coordinator
8. lobbyist/ politician
____ refers to a unconscious redirection of client's feelings for a significant person to a social worker
____ redirection of a social worker's feelings towards a client aka emotional entanglement with a client
______ is a major component of the contract btw clt and sowk
T or F When a sowk is presented with a generalized statement, they should not jump to conclusions or interpret clients statements without clarification