Flashcards in Teamworking Deck (10)
What makes a good team member?
- Listening to ideas
- Encouraging others to interact
- Respecting others ideas
- Sharing information to create a positive, collaborative team environment
- Good communication skills
What are the benefits of working in a team?
- Improved productivity
- Improved quality
- Speeds up development of solutions
- Increase employee morale/motivation
- Create synergy through utilitisng different skill sets
What are the characteristics of an effective team?
- Common sense of purpose
- Clear understanding of team objectives
- Resources to achieve objectives
- Respect (individuals & their professional opinion)
- Appreciate strengths & weaknesses of team members
- Willingness to share info & speak openly
- Range of skill sets
How would you run a meeting effectively?
Have an agenda including:
- Start and end times
- Times against each item
- Easiest items at the start and end, biggest in the middle
How would you deal with a team member that was over enthusiastic/not focused?
- Thank them for their contribution but clarify the key information required
- Direct questions at colleague
- State it should be discussed in more depth after the meeting
How would you deal with a disruptive team member?
- Analyse the situation to be clear about the issue/people affected
- Privately inform them their behaviour is not appropriate and ascertain why they act this way
- If no reason, request they improve conduct in future
What would you do if the behaviour of disruptive team member did not improve?
- Report to senior management and request replacement
- If in a project team, speak to client and senior management about replacement
How would you build relationships and trust between a team?
- Team building exercises
- Social events
How would you deal with being brought into a project after another QS had left?
- Meet client and project team, find out what went wrong
- Analyse situation and propose recovery plan with buy in