Flashcards in Summary of Evidence for PTSD Deck (4)
Bryant et al (2009) - CBT
- At post treatment and follow up, fewer participants in the prolonged exposure group had PTSD than those in any other group.
Meuser et al (2008) - CBT and TAU
- Those in the CBT group showed significantly greater improvement when compared to those in the control groupa t post treatment assessments and at the 3-6 month follow up.
- The effects of CBT were strongest in participants with severe PTSD
Sjibrandij et al (2007) - CBT
- 1 week post intervention, the CT group had significantly fewer symptoms of PTSD than the comparison group
- At the 4 month follow up the difference was smaller and no longer significant
- Within the CBT group those with co-morbid depression at baseline had significantly fewer PTSD symptoms at 4 months