18. In LNAV, the AFDS intercepts and tracks the active FMC route if . a. on any heading and within 3 NM of the active route segment b. outside 3 NM of the active route, the airplane on an intercept course of 90 degrees or less, and intercepting the route prior to the active waypoint c. on any heading and outside 3 NM of an active route segment d. the criteria for either A or B above are met
d. the criteria for either A or B above are met
19. THR HLD on the Flight Mode Annunciator means . a. autothrottle servos are active b. FMC is controlling throttle movement c. the pilot can set the throttles manually d. both A and B are correct
c. the pilot can set the throttles manually
20. What are the indications when deviating from a selected altitude by more than 200 feet? a. An aural alert sounds and the altitude alert turns red and begins to flash. b. The altitude scale turns amber. c. The altitude scale turns red. d. An aural alert sounds and the current altitude box turns amber and begins to flash.
d. An aural alert sounds and the current altitude box turns amber and begins to flash.
21. The altitude box will turn amber and flash and a momentary tone will be heard when deviating from a selected altitude by more than feet. a. 200 b. 500 c. 900 d. 300
22. An altitude deviation will continue to warn the crew until . a. the master caution light is reset b. the RECALL button is pushed c. the A/P is disconnected d. deviation is less than 200 feet, more than 900 feet, or a new altitude is selected
d. deviation is less than 200 feet, more than 900 feet, or a new altitude is selected
23. Normally, the left FMC has priority over the right FMC. To select the right FMC as primary . a. switch the DISPLAYS SOURCE Selector to ALL ON 2 b. use the FMC Source Selector Switch c. place the IRS Transfer Switch to BOTH ON R d. turn on the right Flight Director Switch first
b. use the FMC Source Selector Switch
24. The right FMC becomes the Primary FMC when . a. the B Autopilot is selected b. the FMC Source Select Switch is BOTH ON R c. the left FMC fails d. Both B and C are correct.
d. Both B and C are correct.
25. After TO/GA is selected on a go around, the FD will command an initial pitch attitude of approximately degrees. a. 20 b. 10 c. 15 d. 13
26. On a go around after the first push of either TO/GA switch, the thrust levers advance to reduced go around N1 to produce fpm to fpm rate of climb. a. 1000, 1500 b. 2000, 4000 c. 500, 1000 d. 1000, 2000
d. 1000, 2000
27. On a single-engine go around, a push of either TO/GA switch will command an initial pitch attitude of _ degrees nose up. a. 20 b. 15 c. 10 d. 13
28. A boxed A/T LIM annunciation indicates that the FMC is not providing limit values to the A/T system. a. TAI b. N1 c. N2 d. EGT
29. Altitude alerting is inhibited . a. when trailing edge flaps are extended to 25 degrees or greater b. while G/S is captured c. with the gear down d. when 1 and/or 2 above occur
d. when 1 and/or 2 above occur
30. If windshear is encountered on takeoff or go-around, the F/D pitch bar commands a pitch attitude with an initial target airspeed of kts. a. V2 b. MCP SPD c. 210 d. V2 + 20
d. V2 + 20
31. If during a windshear encounter, the vertical speed decreases to 600 feet/min or less, an attitude of degrees is commanded by the pitch command bars. a. 15 b. 12 c. 10 d. 20
32. The AFDS/AT provides speed, pitch, and thrust commands to avoid exceeding which of the following speeds? a. VMO/MMO b. landing gear placard speeds c. wing flap placard speeds d. all of the above
d. all of the above
33. If a speed selected on the MCP is greater than the maximum speed allowed, appear(s) on the display? a. flashing blanks b. a flashing A c. a flashing 8 d. a flashing O
c. a flashing 8
34. If a speed selected on the MCP is lower than the minimum speed allowed by the AFDS and A/T, appear(s) in the MCP speed display? a. flashing blanks b. a flashing O c. a flashing A d. a flashing 8
c. a flashing A
The_____mode(s) is/are inhibited after glideslope capture in APP mode. a. V/S b. ALT HOLD c. LVL CHANGE d. All of the above
d. All of the above
36. Pressing the APP Switch . Select the most correct answer. a. illuminates the APP switch light b. arms the AFDS for LOC and GS capture c. arms the VOR/LOC and GS annunciators on the FMA d. does all of the above
d. does all of the above
37. On a go around after the first push of either TO/GA switch, the thrust levers advance to OM2 AUTO reduced go around N1 to produce fpm to fpm rate of climb. a. 500, 1000 b. 2000, 4000 c. 1000, 2000 d. 1000, 1500
c. 1000, 2000
38. During a go around, the roll command is . a. HDG SEL b. HDG HOLD c. the existing ground track (FMA is blank) when TO/GA was engaged d. LNAV
c. the existing ground track (FMA is blank) when TO/GA
39. After the Localizer and Glideslope capture, will not work to get out of the approach mode. a. pressing a TO/GA switch b. disengaging autopilots and turning off both FD switches c. retuning the VHF Receiver d. disengaging auto throttles
d. disengaging auto throttles
40. During a Go Around, pressing the TO/GA switch two times will disengage . a. both autopilots and auto throttles b. one auto pilot and auto throttles c. one autopilot d. one autopilot and command auto-throttles to FULL GA/N1 power
d. one autopilot and command auto-throttles to FULL GA/N1 power
41. The Captain is flying the aircraft with Autopilot A engaged. He transfers control of the aircraft to the FO. To switch the Autopilot from A to B . a. switch off the left Flight Director control switch b. select Autopilot B c. switch off the right Flight Director control switch d. all Flight Directors and Autopilots must be off to select B Autopilot
b. select Autopilot B
42. As you switch to the B Autopilot, what must be done to switch the Master FCC to the Right Side? a. Do nothing, it will switch when Autopilot B is selected. b. Turn the left Flight Director switch OFF and then ON. c. Turn the right Flight Director switch OFF and 1hen ON. d. Turn off both Flight Director switches and reset the right one first.
a. Do nothing, it will switch when Autopilot B is selected.
43. After switching from one Autopilot to the other, . a. all the MCP modes will disengage b. the previous selected modes should remain engaged c. the pitch mode will revert to CWS P d. the roll mode will revert to CWS R
b. the previous selected modes should remain engaged
44. With the VNAV Mode selected, the auto throttle will . a. be controlled by MGP Speed b. disengage c. revert to FMS Speed Mode d. engage in a TO/GA Mode
c. revert to FMS Speed Mode
45. At cruise altitude, you've been cleared for descent. After resetting the altitude window on the MCP, you select a vertical speed of 1000 Ft/Min. What will control the Autothrottle? a. It will revert to FMS Speed. b. II will respond to MCP Speed. c. It will retard to idle and stay there. d. It will go to the N1 Mode.
b. II will respond to MCP Speed.
***NEED PICTURE*** In this scenario, the mode is controlling the Autothrottle. a. FMS Speed b. MCP Speed c. N1 Limit d. VNAV
b. MCP Speed
***NEED PICTURE*** With the display as shown, the Autopilot is operating in in the mode. a. CWS P b. CWS A c. CMD d. FD