What is the basis for the BAAT?
Quantity of the BAAT is sufficient to borate RCS to 1% S/D margin in cold condition (200 degrees F) at worse time in core life with rod stuck out and xenon decay.
What terminates batch feed?
- CV-1250 (Batch controller outlet) manualy closed
- When reaches batch size or stop is depressed
What satisfies feed and bleed permissives?
- MU tank > 18"
- Grp 6 > 95% or safety groups fully withdrawn and either Grp 5 < 80% or safety rods out limit in bypass
What requirements are needed to meet BAAT TRM?
- BAAT at required volume based on graph
- > 10 degrees F above crystalization temperature
- flow path from BAAT to MU system and > 10 degrees above crystalization
- One boric acid pump
What is the admin limit for S/D margin?
-1.5 % delta K/K
What are the limits for the boric acid pumps?
- 30 seconds max time at shutoff head
- min flow is 2.5 gpm
What are the power sources for boric acid pumps?
Why is CV-1249 only opened 20% when batching acid only?
Due to flow inaccuracies
What light comes on the batch controller when batch reaches 20 gallons left?
Pre-shutdown light and CV-1249 closes to 5%