Flashcards in Software Devlopment - Computer Science Deck (6)
Name four approches to Devlopment methodologies
- Waterfall cycle
- Agile methodologies
- Extreme programming
- The spiral model
List some characteristics about the Waterfall model.
- Software is devloped in a linear fashion
- Each stage is checked before moving onto the next stage.
- Suitable for small projects with no uncetain requirements.
List characteristics about the Rapid Application Devlopment.
- Heavily emphasies rapid prototyping and iterative delivery.
- a prototype is built and the user is consulted.
- Modifications area added as the solution is developed.
- Process only continues if the client is happy with the prototype.
List characteristics of ths spiral model.
- Uses structured steps as the Waterfall model but introduces the idea of developing software as an iterative process.
- Each time the cycle is competed the customer supplies the feedback and risk analysis looks at the possibility of overuns of time / money requirements.
List characteristics of agile methodologies.
- Group of methodologies which focus on diea that requiremenths way change during the development process.
- Software is developed in incremental parts.
- Requirements specifications are continually refined to the customers needs.