Flashcards in Social Outsiders Deck (9)
What was the first wave of repression against the jews?
• April - national boycott of jewish business
• April - quotas on number of jewish students introduced
What was the second wave of repression against the jews?
• Nuremburg Laws: laws protecting german blood and limiting of citizenship to those only with german blood
What was the third wave of repression against the jews? [6 points]
• Law making jews have to carry identity cards
• jewish passports invalidated
• jewish doctors lost license to practice
• berlin police release 76 point list on how to harrass jews without breaking the law
How were gypsies repressed?
• Nuremburg laws extended ban on interracial marriages
• interior minister identifies gypsies as one of the group's that might endanger the german race
How were black and mixed race people repressed?
•campaign against the rhineland bastards
•1937 gestapo commission sterilised 500 children- some only 11.
Give examples of 'asocials'
People with disabilities
Women with lots of sexual partners
Foreign migrant labour
Who did the nazis regard to be 'community aliens'? [3 points]
1) political opponents
2) jews, gypsies, black people
Outline measures that were taken against asocials [3 points]
•320,000 women sterilised
•2000 men castrated (habitual criminals)
•10,000 asocials sent to camps