Flashcards in Smoking Cessation Deck (9)
What is the single biggest cause of premature death & preventable illness in the UK?
What is the average life lost for someone who smokes?
The addictive effect of Nicotine is due to its ability to release which NT?
Why might someone want to quit smoking?
- Worry about health
- Financial incentive
- Guilt / shame at smoking
- Disgust with smoking
- Hope for success at stopping
Why might someone not want to quit smoking?
- Enjoyment of cigarette
- Need for forthcoming cigarette
- Concern about loss of self esteem if quitting fails
- Unpleasant short term effects of stopping
- Wanting / needing to hold onto perceived benefits
What are the sub-phases of the Cycle of Change?
- Relapse / Change full adapted
What are the three components of Very Brief Advice in Smoking Cessation?
Give an example of a Smoking Cessation Aid
Nicotine Replacement Therapy