Flashcards in Referendums examples Deck (6)
Example of a big majority (good friday referendum)
- In the Good Friday Agreement referendum in 1998, 71% voted yes compared to just 28% who voted no.
Example of a very close result (Welsh devolution referendum 1997)
- In the 1997 Welsh devolution referendum, 50% voted yes compared to 49% who voted no.
Example of a big majority (1979 Welsh devolution referendum)
- In the 1979 Welsh devolution referendum, 80% voted no compared to just 20% who voted yes.
Local referendum with high turnout (Bedfordshire)
- In the 2001 council tax referendum, the turnout was over 50% which is good for a local referendum.
Local referendum with high turnout (Edinburgh)
- In 2005, a congestion charge referendum in Edinburgh was held, with a 62% turnout.