Flashcards in Recruitment/Employee Selection Deck (5)
How and where can you find employees (external)?
-Unsolicited applications and resumes
-Executive search firms
-Public employment agencies
-Private employment and temporary agencies
What belongs to the selection process?
-phase of self-selection
-phase of pre-selection (based on application documents)
-phase of final selection (interview, assessment)
What are examples for job description wording?
-Change “we’re looking for strong…” to “we’re looking for exceptional…”
-Change “who thrive in a competitive atmosphere…” to “who are motivated by goals…”
-Change “candidates who are assertive…” to “candidates who are go-getters…”
Change ”we are a community of concerned…” to “we are a team focused on…”
Change “have a polite and pleasant style…” to “are professional and courteous…”
Change “nurture and connect with customers” to “provide great customer service”
What are ten ways to remove gender bias from job descriptions?
1. Use gender neutral titles.
2. Check pronouns.
3. Avoid (or balance) your use of gender-charged words.
4. Avoid superlatives.
5. Limit the number the requirements.
6. Reconsider your major requirements.
7. Express your commitment to equality and diversity.
8. Let your values shine.
9. Promote volunteer and employee activities.
10. State your family-friendly benefits.