Flashcards in PN496 Tactical withdrawal, emergency evacuation and firefighter emergency Deck (12)
What is Tactical withdrawal?
The removal of personnel from a specific area of potential danger in a safe and planned manner.
Emergency evacuation is?
The immediate and controlled withdrawal of all personnel from the scene of operations to a place of safety.
Emergency evacuation can be initiated by what actions?
• Repeated short blasts on the Acme Thunderer whistle.
• Telemetry entry control board ‘evacuate all’ function.
(A priority message is also to be transmitted to all crews ( including BA teams) via fire ground radios ordering an emergency evacuation.)
Upon hearing the evacuation signal personnel will, if possible?
• Repeat the signal.
• Withdraw from the scene of operations to a place of safety.
• Assemble at the booking-in point, i.e. Initial Command Pump (ICP) or Command Unit (CU) unless directed otherwise.
What should be done after the evacuation is complete?
A roll call and a further informative message sent to Brigade Control.
What is a Firefighter emergency (FFE)?
Whenever Fire Service personnel, or personnel working under the control of the LFB, are unaccounted for and/or in need of rescue. Whenever it is established or there is strong evidence to suggest that one or more firefighters or personnel working under the control of the LFB are unaccounted for and/or in need of rescue.
FFE message will get what PDA
• 6 Pumps (inc 3 PL with WMs in charge);
• 2 Fire Rescue Units (FRU);
• Fire Investigation Unit (FIU);
• Command Unit (CU);
• An ambulance;
• Press Liaison Officer (PLO);
• Fire Safety Officer (FSO);
• 3 Station Managers;
• Group Manager;
• Deputy Assistant Commissioner;
• Senior Accident Investigator (SAI).
Informative Message for Tactical Withdrawal:
From OIC at Address Tactical withdrawal taking place to allow borough surveyor inspection TMO
Informative Message for Emergency Evacuation:
From OIC at Address Emergency Evacuation in progress due to unsafe structure in sector 1, TMO
Informative Message for EE after evacuation and roll call:
From OIC at Address Emergency Evacuation completed, roll call carried out, all staff accounted for TMO
Priority Message for FFE:
FFE Message to be sent as a priority:
‘From (Name of IC) at (address): Firefighter Emergency Tactical Mode Oscar’