Flashcards in Phase I, Block VI - Firefighting Fundamentals Deck (9)
What is the primary duty of a firefighter?
What is the secondary responsibility of a firefighter?
Extinguish fires and limit the damage to aircraft, airfield structures, and/or shipboard and airfield installed equipment.
What are the three elements in a fire triangle?
What are the four elements in a fire tetrahedron?
- Chemical chain reaction
What are the four classes of fire?
- Class Alpha
- Class Bravo
- Class Charlie
- Class Delta
What is a Class Alpha fire and what is used to fight this type of fire?
- Combustible materials that produce ash (word, cloth, textiles and fibrous materials, paper)
- Water (H2O) or Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF)
What is a Class Bravo fire and what is used to fight this type of fire?
- Flammable liquid substances (gasoline, jet fuels, oil, petroleum based products)
- Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF), Halon 1211, Purple K Powder (PKP), Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
What is a Class Charlie fire and what is used to fight this type of fire?
- Electrical fire
- If energized use CO2, halon, PKP, and H2O in fog patterns with minimum distance of 4 ft.
- If de-energized treat as Class A, B, or D fire