Flashcards in Phase I, Block IX - Security and Force Protection Deck (22)
In regards to Force Protection, which office provides management, coordination, and leadership?
Public Safety, Force Protection Program Office
What are some departments within the Public Safety, Force Protection Program Office?
- Personnel Management
- Counter Intelligence
- Electronic Security
- Law Enforcement
- Physical Security
What does the THREATCON scale determine?
Condition for defense of the US homeland and assets abroad.
What does the DEFCON scale determine?
Posture of military to prepare for likelihood of war.
What is Force Protection Conditions (FPCONs)?
Series of measures designed to increase level of unit's defense against terrorist attacks.
FPCONs are selected based on a combination of what factors?
- Terrorist threat level
- Capability to penetrate existing physical security systems
- Risk of terrorist attack to which personnel and assets are exposed
- Asset's ability to execute its mission even if attacked
- Protected asset's criticality to their missions.
Who can set FPCON level?
Commanders at any level.
When can subordinate commands set a higher FPCON level?
If the local situation warrants a higher level.
Who is responsible for the declaration, reduction, and cancellation of a FPCON?
The commander issuing the order.
What is FPCON NORMAL?
General global threat of possible terrorist activity exists and warrants routine security posture.
What is FPCON ALPHA?
- Increased general threat of possible terrorist activity against personnel or facilities. - Nature and extent of are unpredictable.
What is FPCON BRAVO?
Increased or more predictable threat of terrorist activity.
What is FPCON CHARLIE?
- Incident occurs
- Intelligence is received indicating some form of terrorist action or targeting against personnel or facilities is likely.
What is FPCON DELTA?
- Immediate area where terrorist attack has occurred
- Intelligence is received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is imminent.
The US Armed Forces uses what alert posture?
Defense Readiness Condition (DEFCON)
Describe the DEFCON system?
System prescribes five graduated levels of readiness, and increase in severity from 5 (least severe) to 1 (most severe) to match military situations.
DEFCONs are a subsystem of a series of what?
LERTCONS, EMERGCONs, WATCHCONs, FPCONs
What is DEFCON 5?
Normal peacetime readiness.
What is DEFCON 4?
Normal, increased intelligence and strengthened security.
What is DEFCON 3?
Increase in force readiness above normal readiness.
What is DEFCON 2?
Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum.