Flashcards in Phase I, Block IV - Occupational and Personal Safety Deck (9)
What is Operational Risk Management (ORM)?
Systematic, decision-making process used to identify and manage hazards.
What is the ORM 5 step process?
- Identify hazards
- Assess hazards
- Make risk decisions
- Implement controls
What are the three different classes of mishaps?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
What is a Class A mishap?
- Material property damage of $2MIL or more
- An injury or occupational illness causing fatality or permanent total disability.
What is a Class B mishap?
- Material property damage is $500K or more, but less than $2MIL
- An injury or occupational illness causing partial disability
- Three or more personnel are inpatient hospitalized.
What is a Class C mishap?
- Material property damage is $50K or more, but less than $500K
- Non-fatal injury that causes any loss of time beyond the day or shift
- Non-fatal illness or disease that causes loss of time from work or disability at any time.
What is PPE?
Personal protective equipment
Why was the PPE program established?
A last line of defense in the event of equipment breakdown, failure, misuse to include hazardous environments and working conditions that would expose worker to hazard.