Flashcards in Phase I, Block I - Command SORM and Organization Deck (18)
What is VX-9's Mission?
Support of National Military Strategy by providing new warfighting capability to Fleet by testing aircraft, weapons, and weapon systems and developing advanced warfighting tactics for the Fleet operator to enable him/her to lay waste to our enemies with violent prejudice.
Which external Command(s) provides Administrative Control and Operational Control matters relating to VX-9?
- Commander, Strike Fighter Wing US Pacific Fleet (COMSTRKFIGHTWINGPAC)
- Commander, Naval Air Forces (COMNAVAIRFOR)
Which external Command(s) provide Tactical Control matters relating to VX-9?
- 33rd Operations Group
- 33rd Maintenance Group
- 33rd Fighter Wing
Which external Command(s) provide Technical matters relating to VX-9?
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIRSYSCOM)
- Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS)
What is the role of the Commanding Officer (CO)?
Absolute responsibility for the safety, well-being, morale, and efficiency of the command
What is the role of the Executive Officer (XO)?
- Assist CO in carrying out the mission of the squadron.
- Coordinate and supervise performance and administration of the command as a whole, including matters pertaining to morale, discipline, training, welfare, work, exercises, safety, rights, and privileges of command personnel.
What is the role of the Command Master Chief (CMC)?
Responsible to the CO in matters pertinent to the welfare and morale of the Command's enlisted personnel, and their dependents.
What is the role of the Administrative Officer?
- Aide to, my be delegated to act for, the XO in specific details of the administration of the squadron.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the administrative details of all officers of the Administrative Department.
What is the role of the Operations Officer?
- Controls and directs squadron flight operations and training to attain aircrew production goals as directed.
- Responsible under the CO for planning, coordinating, and scheduling of the operations of the squadron, including logistic services.
What is the role of the Maintenance Officer (MO)?
Manages the Maintenance Department and is responsible to the CO for the accomplishment of the department's mission.
What is the role of the Assistant Maintenance Officer?
Assists the MO in the performance of duties and keeps the MO fully informed of matters concerning the department.
What is the role of the Quality Assurance Officer?
Responsible to the MO for QA branch, which serves as the point of contact within the maintenance organization that provides support for maintenance compliance.
What is the role of the Maintenance/Material Control Officer (MMCO)?
Responsible to the MO for the overall productive effort and material support of the department and division.
What is the role of the Material Control Officer?
Responsible to the MMCO for the operation of the Material Control Division, which serves as the POC within the maintenance organization that provides support for material requirements.
What is the role of the Maintenance Master Chief Petty Officer (MMCPO)?
The Senior Enlisted Advisor for the Maintenance Department, reports to the MO and advises the CO in all matters affecting aircraft operations, aircraft maintenance, and department personnel.
What is the role of the Safety Officer?
Principle Advisor to the CO on all aviation safety matters. Advise and assist in establishing/managing the Command Aviation Safety Program.
Who is the Commanding Officer of VX-9?
CAPT Stanley C Jones