Flashcards in Pediatric Surgery Deck (5)
What is transposition of the greats vessels?
- cyanotic congenital heart defect
- VSD + aortic arch hypoplasia
tx: PGE1 to keep ductus open to improve pulmonary blood flow
what are the components of tetrology of fallot?
1. Overriding aorta
2. Right ventricular hypertrophy
4. RV outflow tract obstruction
What are the 5 T's of cyanosis in the newborn?
2. Transposition of the Great Arteries
3. Truncus Arteriosus
4. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection
what is truncus arteriosis?
single outflow track of the ventricles