Flashcards in Oncogenes Deck (19)
What are the growth factor receptors?
1. ERB-2 (her2/neu)
What are the signal transducers?
What are the nuclear regulators?
What are the cell cycle regulators?
1. Cyclin D1
What are the tumor suppressor genes?
What is the regulator of apoptosis?
What is the f=growth factor?
- overexpression seen in astrocytoma
- amplification of epidermal growth factor seen in breast cancer
- growth factor
- point mutation seen in MEN 2A, 2B and sporadic medullary carcinoma of the thyroid
- stem cell growth factor point mutation seen in GIST
- GTP binding point mutation- GAP usually turns off Ras but this is mutated to turn it on
- seen in carcinomas, melanomas and lymphomas
- tyrosine kinase translocation t9;22 with BCR
- CML and some ALL
- transcription factor regulator, t(8;14)
- Burkitt lymphoma
Chromosome 14 has what?
the Ig heavy chain = always expressed
amplification of transcription factor
- seen in neuroblastoma
- amplification of transcription factor
- seen in small cell lung carcinoma
- cell cycle regulator, translocation t11;14
- cyclin D allows G1 -> S
- Mantle cell lymphoma