Flashcards in Methodologies - Computer Science Deck (9)
What is the WaterFall lifecycle.
- Software is devloped in a line or fashion Each Stae is chcekd before moving on.
What is agile Methodologies
- Focuses on the idea of requirements constantly change during software devlopment process.
What is extreme programming?
- A type of agile software devlopment processs
- Emphasis on pair programming code review and unit testing.
What is spiral programming?
- Combines iterative development with the systematic aspects of the waterfall model.
- Each time the cycle is completed the customer supplies feedback and risk analysis looks at the possibility.
What is Rapid Application development?
- Prototype is built and the user is consulted.
- Modifications added as the solution develops
- Produce successive prototypes with progressive increases in functionality.
What are the advantages of the Waterfall cycle?
- Simple to understand
- Each to manage since each stage has clear deliveries and well-defined boundaries.
What are the disadvantages of the Waterfall lifecycle?
- Lack of flexbility
- No working software produced until late during the life cycle.
- End user is removed from development.
What are the advantages of the Agile methodology?
- Quality of the code high
- Efficient code / few bugs
- Deliver customervalue faster
- Having short development cycles