Flashcards in Lesson 1 - First proper lesson Deck (12)
What is Setting in CS?
Writing to RAM
What is Enabling in CS?
Taking from RAM
1. What is the first stage of the fde cycle?
-Program counter is copied to the MAR
2. What is the second stage of the fde cycle?
- Program counter is incremented
3. What is the third step in the fdr cycle?
- Address in memory address register accessed in RAM via the adress bus.
4. What is the fourth step in the fde cycle
-Data at that address in RAM is copied to the Memory Data Register via the data bus
5. What is the fifth step in the fde cycle
-Memory Data Register is copied to the Current Instruction Register
6. What is the sixth step in the fde cycle
-Contents of Current Instruction Register are decoded by the decode unit
7. What is the seventh step in the fde cycle
-Instruction is split into opcode and operand
8. What is the last step in the fde cycle
-Decoded instruction is executed
How many stages of the fde cycle are there?