Flashcards in Intervention Wheel Deck (5)
Minnesota Public Health Interventions Wheel
- illustrates how public health nurses improve the health of individuals, families, communities, and systems
- evolved from the practice of public health nurses in Minnesota and consists of several components
- defines the scope of public health nursing practice by type of intervention and level of practice
- a collection of individuals who have one or more personal or environmental characteristics in common
define "population of interest"
- a population that is essentially healthy, but who could improve factors that promote or protect health.
define "population at risk"
- a population with a common identified risk factor or risk-exposure that poses a threat to health.
public health interventions are population based if....