Flashcards in Elder Abuse Deck (6)
Name some types of elder abuse
Why are the elderly considered a vulnerable population?
They have higher suicide rates than the average public
T or F social workers are mandated reporters for elder abuse & neglect
What age does elder abuse apply for?
What are some risk factors for elder abuse?
1. Physical or mental impairment of elder
2. Caregiver stress
3. History if family violence
4. Shared living arrangement between elder and caregiver
5. Social isolation
6. Dependence of abuser on elder
7. Psychopathology of caregiver