Flashcards in Control of gene expression in prokaryotes part 2 Deck (13)
Define CIII (including relative location)
- Factor that maintains CII,
- Required for lysogenic pathway
- Found just past tL
Define N (including relative location)
- Turns on delayed early
- required for both lysogeny and lysis
- product found in PLOL
Define cI (including relative location)
- Repressor that facilitates the lysogenic pathway
- Product found past PRM
Define cro (including relative location)
- turns off repressor (cI)
- facilitates the lytic cycle
- product of PROR
Define cII (including relative location)
- Turns on cI
- Required for the lysogenic pathway
- found past tR
Define Q (including relative location)
- Turns on late lytic cycle
- Found far into the plasmid away from Promoter
What two genes are transcribed in the immediate early phase?
cro and N
What genes are transcribed in the delayed early phase
Q, cii and ciii
9 other miscellaneous genes
What occurs in the late stage of the lytic pathway?
Transcription occurs at PR (between Q and S) and pQ allows it to continue to all late genes
What are the three parts of the c1 repressor?
1. Homo-Dimerization portion
How does c1 inhibit Cro and N while activating its own transcription?
It binds to operator regions 1 and 2, while facilitating the binding of RNA pol to region 3.
Define cooperative binding
A first site is filled up first, which causes a second site to become more attractive for binding.